Lead Carpenter/Working Superintendent
We are an established, award-winning, residential remodeling General Contractor looking to hire a Production Manager. Please read the job description below and if you feel you fit the criteria, please submit a resume to the email address provided. Must have a working vehicle, valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a background check. Thank you.
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of Remodeling construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily and weekly logs (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors regarding quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion
- Perform hands on tasks
- The Project Superintendent is solely responsible for and will be held accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes.
- Project Superintended shall schedule all subcontractors, consultants, and vendors, as well as ensure their completion of work within time allowed.
- The Project Superintendent shall be responsible for the coordination of work directed in the field, provide work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications. Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be communicated with the project team (i.e. superiors, architect, engineer, consultant, owner) for mutual resolution, prior to execution of work that deviates from the approved plans. • The Project Superintendent shall establish and enforce job site quality control programs to ensure quality completion of construction.
- The Project Superintendent does not have authorization to engage in monetary agreements (subcontracts, change orders, work authorizations). All request for monetary agreements must be communicated to the Director of Operations for consideration prior to work performed. Failure to perform these duties will result in reprimand or termination.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst 30+ subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, fax machine, digital logs, email, computer, iPhone or android smartphone, digital camera.
- Blueprint reading.
- Physically lift up to 100 lbs.
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs or other elevated structures.
- Monitoring jobsite general health and safety.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Support’s everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Must be able to handle basic installation of rough & finish carpentry skills, including windows, doors, and trim work as needed.
Must be able to pass a background check and possess a valid driver’s license.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
If you are looking to build your career with a team of good people doing great work we would like to hear from you.
Please email your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Progressive Design Build seeks to add a valuable Project Manager to the team responsible for producing assigned projects on time, within budget, within scope, within Progressive quality standards, and to the client’s satisfaction.
Coordinate and help facilitate activities with the sales team and sales process from design contract thru final walk thru. Working with the Production Team ensuring the best remodeling experience possible, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with a TEAM approach at all times.
Project Specialist (Sales Person)
The Project Specialist (Sales Person) at Progressive Design Build reports to the Sales Manager or President and is responsible for sourcing and selling remodeling and construction projects for the company. The Project Consultant is accountable for meeting or exceeding assigned targets for revenue and gross profit and for creating satisfied clients who refer new business.