We are an established, award-winning, residential remodeling General Contractor looking to hire a Production Manager. Please read the job description below and if you feel you fit the criteria, please submit a resume to the email address provided. Must have a working vehicle, valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a background check. Thank you.
Coordinate and help facilitate activities with the sales team and sales process from design contract thru final walk thru. Working with the Production Team ensuring the best remodeling experience possible, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with a TEAM approach at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate Design Process with Sales and Production to accommodate projected start date.
- Create design schedule and finish list of selections
- Assemble project notebooks for Production
- Attend all design meetings
- Coordinate material selections with client and/or designer
- Coordinate meetings for drawing presentation and approvals, as needed with Salesperson and client
- Keep finish list selections current and updated
- Recap sales or design meetings to sales and production manager
- Provide weekly update to the Vice President on open design projects and sold projects
- Assist Designers in client color/finish selections
2. Coordinate subcontractor and material pricing
- Request finish material pricing as needed
- Compile all finish list pricing as available
- Compile preliminary scope of work for sub-contractor walk thru after drawings finalized
- Schedule subcontractor walk thru for purpose of pricing
- Attend sub-contractor walk thru
- Collect all subcontractor pricing for sales
- Assist Sales in gathering estimates and scope of work documents
- Attend weekly sales meetings
3. Coordinate pre- and post- production activities after contract signing
- Assemble items needed for permitting. Work with office manager for acquisition/filing
- Assemble production notebooks for PM and lead carpenters
- Coordinate and attend Pre-Construction meeting with Staff and client. (Note: handoff from sales to production)
- Order all finish materials and track deliveries
- Check in deliveries made to office. Verify accurate
- Maintain long lead items list for production and update in BuilderTrend
- Complete job site visits
- Answer questions as needed from Field and client
- Process all change orders with Sales and send thru BuilderTrend
- Attend weekly production team and production meetings
- Recap site meetings to production mgr if not present
- Open/Close projects, meet sub-contractors onsite
- Temporary Supervision of Projects
- Keep record of B/4 and after pictures
- Monitor weekly communications w/client ensuring good service and thermometer of how project is going.
- Compile final closing book for client with Office Manager
- Complete final walk thru with client and collect final check with Sales and Production Manager
- Send Sub-contractor packages to new subs
4. Key Attributes
- Communication: Open and frequent communication is of the highest priority in this position. It is necessary to keep the team up to date and informed on any all changes or developments in sales and production. In respect to client communication, there is no other more important task than to provide them with professional, clear communication.
- Highly Organized – The position calls for collaboration with many different clients, team members, subcontractors and vendors for many projects at any given time. The successful PD will be able to systemize his/her approach to manage the big picture while insuring the details are handled consistently and efficiently. The project developer is adept at understanding, utilizing and improving existing systems to insure consistent, positive and reproducible results.
- Detail Oriented – An excellent PD sets clear expectations for success through excellent and consistent attention to and communication of all the details of a project.
- Proactive – The successful PD actively listens, grasps the big picture goals and works diligently to formulate the details that will allow the goals to become reality.
- Resourceful – In the remodeling industry, no two projects are identical. Each situation requires a unique approach. At PDB, the PD combines the best resources in materials, vendors and labor approaches to describe the best path to completion.
- Good Problem Solver – In our industry we meld old styles with new, old construction methods with current codes and do it all with future flexibility in mind. As above, our PD can think “outside the box” and will look for the creative solutions to solve the problems inherent in our work.
In all of these attributes, consistency and focus are key components; the PD needs to always be aware of the goals and pay attention to the many details our clients expect us to think of for them.
- At times, you will need to help supervise team members, suppliers, and sub-contractors with the direction of the sales department and the production department
- Organization and ability to multitask across several different projects
- Excellent comprehension of Microsoft Office Products. OneNote, Word, Excel, etc.
- Communication and Follow Up skills a must.
- Blue print reading
- Ability to clarify and follow thru on directions given by others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- In depth knowledge of construction industry, finish materials, and job critical path
- Construction experience-basic knowledge of building systems
- Knowledge of industry resources and available finishes.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required –Certifications helpful
- Able to navigate construction sites safely
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but does require outdoor activity for site visits.
If you are looking to build your career with a team of good people doing great work we would like to hear from you.
Please email your cover letter and resumé to email@example.com
Progressive Design Build seeks to add a valuable Project Manager to the team responsible for producing assigned projects on time, within budget, within scope, within Progressive quality standards, and to the client’s satisfaction.
Lead Carpenter/Working Superintendent
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of Remodeling construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Project Specialist (Sales Person)
The Project Specialist (Sales Person) at Progressive Design Build reports to the Sales Manager or President and is responsible for sourcing and selling remodeling and construction projects for the company. The Project Consultant is accountable for meeting or exceeding assigned targets for revenue and gross profit and for creating satisfied clients who refer new business.