Field Project Manager
We are an established, award-winning, residential remodeling General Contractor looking to hire a Production Manager. Please read the job description below and if you feel you fit the criteria, please submit a resume to the email address provided. Must have a working vehicle, valid driver’s license, and be able to pass a background check. Thank you.
The Project Manager at Progressive Design Build reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for producing assigned projects on time, within budget, within scope, within Progressive quality standards, and to the client’s satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Manager is responsible for completing the following tasks and activities:
- Manage assigned construction and remodeling projects to defined budgets, profitability, timelines, and customer satisfaction including anticipating, preventing, and solving problems.
- Directly manage the day-to-day work and progress of all Progressive staff assigned to projects including ensuring they follow the company values, perform to their position agreements, follow all safety protocols and guidelines, and meet or exceed standards for quality and customer satisfaction.
- Manage project schedules in the company project management software, updating daily with status, including photos and a daily log.
- Review and approve Scopes of Work, Budgets, Change Orders, and project plans for assigned projects.
- Create work breakdown structures, risk assessments, communication plan and other planning methods as needed.
- Plan, order, and receive all materials, tools, and equipment required for the job.
- Coordinate, direct and schedule (re-schedule if needed) the work of the subcontractors and delivery of goods by the suppliers.
- Provide direct communication with the client regarding the status of the project, discuss and resolve issues, effectively sell and communicate the need for change orders, and promptly respond to client requests for information. Resolve conflict situations calmly and quickly.
- Provide the Production Manager with a weekly project updates on the status of the project against the schedule, budget, and client satisfaction.
- Manage the project start-up phase to collect and review all required construction documentation, drawings, and specifications, develop the project plan, walk the job with assigned staff, and prepare for the client Pre-Construction meeting.
- Conduct client Pre-Construction meetings describing the project to the clients and obtaining written client approval of the project as currently designed at the meeting.
- Conduct client Substantial Completion meetings, develop a punch list of items to finalize, obtain substantial completion milestone payment, and have client sign the Substantial Completion form agreeing to the punch list of items to finalize.
- Attend construction phase review meetings and participate in job post construction analysis.
- Attend all weekly meetings with clients and all stakeholders. If on vacation, delegate meeting to whoever is covering your position.
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time.
- Collect payments and change orders from clients.
- Prepare for, schedule, and attend all inspections.
- Inspect all phases of construction for quality and approve completed work according to the construction agreement, signing off completion on the appropriate checklist.
- Walk each completed project prior to customer walk through to make sure that the project is complete and meets the company standards of quality.
- Comply with all building codes and regulations related to the construction of the projects.
- Improve the working relationships between local building inspectors and management.
- Review post-construction analysis of all costs, procedures, methods, and problems encountered during construction for each project with Production Manager.
- Establish and enforce safety measures. Ensure employees have and wear protective gear and follow all safety regulations and guidelines.
- Hold a monthly “toolbox” safety meeting signed off by the crew.
Accountabilities: The Project Manager is accountable for completing the above tasks and activities to the following measurements of success and standards of quality and performance:
- Produce all assigned projects to meet or exceed individual project objectives for budget, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Produce all assigned projects according to Progressive quality and safety standards and within the Progressive production department process to meet or exceed company performance standards.
- Maintain a professional appearance, follow the company dress code while in the office, at client sites, or while representing Progressive and enhance the positive experience of subcontractors visiting our client sites.
- Perform routine and periodic performance reviews for Production staff on your project teams according to the Progressive Performance Management Plan.
- While representing Progressive act in accordance to the Progressive company values in all decisions and interactions with clients, vendors, partners, or the public.
Skills, Education and Experience: The following lists the minimum or desired skills, education and experience required for the role of Superintendent:
- 5+ years of experience as a Field Project Manager, Construction Superintendent, or similar experience.
- Valid Florida State driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds without assistance.
- Project Management Certificate a plus.
Must be able to maneuver around active construction sites safely and work in many different environments.
Must be able to pass a background check, possess a valid FL driver’s license, and driving record must be “able to be insured” to operate a company vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
If you are looking to build your career with a team of good people doing great work we would like to hear from you.
Please email your cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Carpenter/Working Superintendent
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of Remodeling construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Coordinate and help facilitate activities with the sales team and sales process from design contract thru final walk thru. Working with the Production Team ensuring the best remodeling experience possible, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with a TEAM approach at all times.
Project Specialist (Sales Person)
The Project Specialist (Sales Person) at Progressive Design Build reports to the Sales Manager or President and is responsible for sourcing and selling remodeling and construction projects for the company. The Project Consultant is accountable for meeting or exceeding assigned targets for revenue and gross profit and for creating satisfied clients who refer new business.